FEATURES OF BOULDER 50 SOLAR PANEL
- Solar Capacity: 50W (18-22V)
- Weight: 12.4 lbs (5.6 kg)
- Ideal for: Sherpa’s and Yeti Power
- Port Size: 8mm
- Cell Type: Monocrystalline
- Chainable: Yes
Rugged, durable, and rigid. The Boulder 50 Solar Panel is built with strong tempered glass and an aluminum frame with added corner protection for temporary or permanent installation. Equipped with an integrated kickstand to help get optimal angle to the sun. Use with a Goal Zero portable power pack or portable power station to charge your gear day or night.
OUR PRICE: $199.95 CAD
(Applicable taxes will added at time of checkout).
WHAT CAN THE BOULDER 50 SOLAR PANEL CHARGE?
The solar panel does not hold a charge it produces power when it is exposed to sunlight. You can store the power it produces in a portable recharger. The Boulder 50 can be used to power any Goal Zero power station. If you’re looking to recharge things like headlamps, phones, and other USB devices directly from the sun, check out our foldable Nomad Solar Panels.
WHAT GOAL ZERO PRODUCTS WORK BEST WITH THE BOULDER 50?
The Boulder 50 can be used to power any Goal Zero recharger. For the amount of Watts it gives, it will be most effective with the Yeti 150, Yeti 400, Yeti 1250, Yeti 1400, Sherpa 50 or Sherpa 100.
DOES THE BOULDER 50 GIVE A FULL 50 WATTS?
It delivers up to 50 Watts of power, but the angle of the panels and the cloud coverage can impact its performance. Avoid the shade. It will not work indoors.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Q: Is the Boulder 50 waterproof?
- A: Yes. The Boulder 50 is waterproof and rugged terrain resistant. Just remember that the devices you are powering might not be as durable.
- Q: How long will it take to charge my Goal Zero Yeti from a Boulder Solar Panel?
- A: That depends on a few factors – how big the Yeti, how cloudy it is, how hot it is, just to name a few. All the Yetis allow for something called “pass-through power”, this means you can be trickle charging your Yeti and using it to power your gear, all at the same time.
- Q: Can I mount the Boulder Solar Panels to my roof?
- A: Sure can. We designed the new Boulders to work with traditional Z Brackets so they’re easier to install. Pairing a Boulder Solar Panel and Goal Zero Yeti Portable Power Station for a camper or van? Talk about a match made in heaven.
- Q: Will the Boulder 50 break?
- A: Not easily. It was made to last, but try to avoid heavy impact that can weaken the frame and cause the glass to crack.
- Q: Can the Boulder 50 be chained?
- A: Yes. You can chain up to four Boulder 50’s.
- Q: Can I chain a Boulder 50 with older Boulders?
- A: Two part answer. Yes, you can chain the Boulder 50 with older Boulders that have blue-ringed 8mm connector (Boulder 15 Boulder 30). If you are the proud owner of a Boulder 90 Solar Panel with its MC4 Connector, you’ll want to ensure that you have an MC4 to 8mm adapter, as well as an Anderson Power Pole Combiner Cable. In fact, any instance when you’re chaining more than 150 watts of solar panels together (e.g. Boulder 100 with two or more Boulder 30s), we recommend using the Anderson Power Pole Combiner Cable. For more help with chaining your solar panels, you can give the Goal Zero Solution Centre a call 1-888-794-6250.